The breast root is the point on the body where the breast tissue starts and ends. Knowing the shape of your breast root is very important when trying to find a well-fitting bra, as it can dramatically affect the fit.
Determining breast rootEdit
There are a few different ways to figure out the size and shape of the breast root. 
Narrow roots place the breasts "front and center" on the torso, in that the root will end right before, or just under, the armpits. People with narrow roots will have a problem with bras that have too-wide underwires, which in some cases, particularly with larger cup sizes, the wires can wrap all the way around to the back. Too-wide wires can also flatten out the breasts, and cause wrinkling at the bottom of the bra cups. The opposite orange-in-a-glass effect, or "aubergine-in-a-bowl", is a description of how a breast with narrow roots appears in a bra with wide wires.
It is not unheard of for people with narrow roots to overestimate where their root ends, and end up assuming their roots are wide.
- ↑ Butterfly Collection: Breast Roots and Bra Fit
- ↑ Bratabase: Bra Knowledge » Where's the Root of Your Breasts
- ↑ A Bra That Fits: Question: why are too-wide wires a bad thing?
- ↑ Stanikomania: Rozmiar to nie wszystko
- ↑ A Bra That Fits: (NSFW) Breast Projection and Possible Overestimation of Root Width
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Nothing Ever Fits and Nobody Sympathizes: Breast height?