While there are companies that sell clothing for, or flattering on, large busts, knowing how-to alter apparel is a great skill to have, whether you need an item to wear in a crunch, or if you have an article of clothing you really like, but it needs an alteration to fit the way you'd like.
Alter the armsEdit
- Add gussets to the underarms.
- Shorten tanktop straps.
- Add a snappable-ribbon to prevent bra straps from showing 
Alter the waistEdit
- Add elastic shirring to the waist.
Alter for breastfeeding accessEdit
Alter the bodyEdit
- ↑ Gertie's Blog for Better Sewing: How to Sew a Two-Piece Underarm Gusset
- ↑ Hourglassy: Fit Picky Full Bust Alterations: Armholes That Can Be Saved
- ↑ Cats & Florals: How to shorten (wide) shoulder straps
- ↑ Jessalynne Jewelry: DIY - Shorten Tank Top Straps with a Lapped Seam
- ↑ What Happens At Naptime: Tutorial – Tank Top Bra Catcher
- ↑ Hourglassy: Fit Picky Full Bust Alterations: Quick Waist Fix
- ↑ Bras I Hate: What To Do With Your Hideous Work Uniform
- ↑ Bras I Hate & Love: Clothes For Boobs, Budget Edition: Dumpster Sweaters & Giant Baggy Sweatshirts
- ↑ Hourglassy: Off the Rack: Shrinking an oversized sweatshirt
- ↑ Analog Me: Fix That Too Big T-Shirt
- ↑ Snarky Lawyer: Game Changer: Convertingg a Halter Bikini to a Crossback for Surfing and Sports
- ↑ Something Wonderful: Halter top bathing suit transformation
- ↑ Tasha Delrae: Bra to Bathingsuit DIY
- ↑ Third Shift Arts and Crafts: Experiment time: Can I sew a bra into my bathing suit?