How-to know when to retire a bra is an important ability that a bra-wearer needs to ensure a bra's overall comfort from beginning to end.
A bra is worn out when it is no longer comfortable or well fitting:
- Over-stretched band that has lost all elasticity (no longer "snaps back" after stretching it out)
- Molded-cups that have lost shape
- Broken underwire
- Poking underwire (possibly fixable)
- Bra band rides around body even when fastened at the tightest hook
- Band or cup contains holes
- Hook-closures are broken or bent
- Breasts are no longer supported and droop
- Back pain
- Signs of a poor fit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.