Lingerie wash is any type of soap which has been specially formulated to be gentle on undergarments. As many undergarments use delicate materials such as lace, ribbon, silk, molded foam, or other thin fabrics, a special mild soap is necessary to prevent damage. Using lingerie wash instead of harsher detergents is one of the best ways to lengthen the life of a bra (in addition to handwashing and using a garment bag when machine washing).
List of lingerie washesEdit
There are many products on the market:
- Forever New
- The Laundress Delicate Wash
- Le Blanc Silk & Lingerie Wash
- Orvus Quilt Soap
Although lingerie wash is the preferred soap for intimates, other options exist which are comparatively safer than most detergents.
- ↑ Forever New: "Forever New Fabric Care Wash - Clean Clothes Safely & Gently!"
- ↑ Eucalan
- ↑ Forever New
- ↑ The Laundress Delicate Wash
- ↑ Le Blank Silk & Lingerie Wash
- ↑ Orvus Quilt Soap
- ↑ Soak Wash
- ↑ Travel Answers: Answer to 'Non-biological laundry detergent available in the US?'
- ↑ Dr. Bronner's castile soap
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.